Whoa. Insert Keanu Reeves meme here.
Our undying love in the auto community for the new Stingray Corvette know no bounds. Nearly everyone likes it. Hell, even Clarkson gave is a favorable review and he’s panned every single one before this model. So when the Z06 was announced, our collective panties dropped. When we saw it at the New York Auto Show, we became puddles of amorphous ooze as it’s feet.
Now, Chevy has gone and made us some other descriptive words that haven’t been invented yet because they just unveiled the new Corvette Grand Sport, or GS for short. Geneva is one of the top 5 auto shows in the world for the simple reason that car companies love to drop bombshells on us. This is one of them.
This is meant to be between then Stingray and the Z06 so they’re not mind blowing, but good god is this thing pretty. Here are a few of the ridiculous specs directly from the Chevy press site:
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport summer tires: 285/30ZR19 (front) and 335/25ZR20 (rear)
- Brembo brake system with (355 mm) 14-inch rotors and six-piston calipers in front and (340 mm) 13.4 inch rotors and four-piston calipers in the rear
- Standard magnetic ride control, specific stabilizer bars and unique springs
- Standard electronic limited-slip differential
- LT1 V8 engine rated at (343 kW) 460 hp, with dry-sump oiling system and active exhaust
- Seven-speed manual transmission with active rev match and available eight-speed paddle-shift automatic with specific performance calibration
- Available Z07 package adds carbon ceramic-matrix brakes and Michelin Pilot Sport 2 Cup tires
That last point is particularly interesting as it’s the first time ever a GS has the ability to have a z07 package.
The model in the pictures you’re seeing is the collector’s edition. Chevy describes the color as “Watkins Glen Gray Metallic exterior with Tension Blue hash-mark graphics.” We approve.
So if you’re looking for a track ready Corvette that is fast, looks great, has a loud interior, but can’t pony up the cash for the Z06, looks like Chevy has you covered. And as always, here’s more car porn.