You read that right. Move over Dodge Challenger/Charger Hellcat, there’s a new king in town, and it’s a Ford. The folks at Hennessey Performance managed to shoehorn a 2.9 liter supercharger system atop of the existing 5.0 liter Coyote V8 found in the Ford Mustang GT. They also infused the GT with upgraded injectors and fuel pump system, and improved the breathability with an axle-back exhaust system and a new high flow air induction system.
All of these upgrades increase the stock Mustang’s horsepower from 435 to a whopping 804! The 648 lb-ft of torque motor is handy for launching the Hennessey 25th Anniversary Edition HPE800 Ford Mustang from 0-60 in a blistering 3.1 seconds. That bests the Hellcat by 0.5 seconds, an eternity in motorsports.If the Hennessey name sounds familiar, these are the same guys that developed the Hennessey Venom GT, an American supercar that set the world record of 13.63 seconds for a standing start to 300 km/h and set a top speed of 270.4 mph. And just like the Venom GT, the HPE800 Ford Mustang will be just as exclusive as there’s only 25 that’s going to be built. If you want one, you’ll be forking close to $100,000 for a Mustang, a truly steep price considering you can get a relatively more sane GT350 for half that price.
Here’s more information from Hennessey:
• 804 bhp @ 7,000 rpm
• 648 lb-ft torque @ 4,400 rpm
• 0-60 mph: 3.1 sec.
• ¼ mile: 10.7 sec. @ 133 mph
• Top Speed: 207.9 mph
• HPE800 Supercharged 5.0L V8 Engine Upgrade
• 2.9 Liter Supercharger System
• Carbon Fiber High Flow Air Induction
• Axle-back Exhaust System Upgrade
• Upgraded Fuel Injectors
• Upgraded Fuel Pump System
• Carbon Fiber Coilpack Covers
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• CarbonAero Front Splitter
• CarbonAero Side Sills
• CarbonAero Rear Lip Spoiler
• Hennessey H10 Lightweight 20-inch wheels (20×10 in. front, 20×11 in. rear)
• Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (265/30-20 front, 295/30-20 rear)
• Brembo 15 inch Front Brake System Upgrade
• Hennessey / KW Variant 3 Lowered Suspension Upgrade
• Hennessey Exterior Badging
• Supercharged Exterior Badging
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
• Hennessey Embroidered Headrests
• Hennessey 25th Anniversary graphics
• Limited edition 1 of 25 production with serial numbered plaque
• Hennessey 25th Anniversary certificate of authenticity
• Shell V-Power 93 octane gasoline.
• Pennzoil Ultra Platinum synthetic oil & filter change
• 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
Contact Hennessey Performance for scheduling and build time details.
Available for new convertible or hard top Mustang GT’s both automatic and manual transmissions.
* Power ratings are at the flywheel using 93 octane fuel and 6-speed manual transmission.
** Performance figures are with experienced driver under ideal track conditions.
(Source: Hennessey Performance)