The Ford Raptor is one of the most excessive, most outlandish, most unnecessary vehicles on the road today. And that is EXACTLY why we love it. We love that it is designed to conquer the Baja desert AND pick up the kids. It hauls an excessive amount of ass anywhere it damn well pleases. It throws a giant middle finger to the eco elite. It wants to save the environment so it can thunder over, around and through it. It is the physical embodiment of “America… Fuck Yeah!!!”
But what if you’re insane? What if you look at the Raptor and think, “That’s nice, but it’s a little tame for my taste. I need something more, something completely off the rails, something completely batshit insane.” Well worry no longer, Our most favorite people at Hennessey are here to help. It is no secret Hennessey has been making very powerful VelociRaptor versions of Ford’s greatest truck since it came out. But being car guys, they got bored. So when it came time to design their interpretation of Ford’s newest Raptor they thought outside the box. Sure more power, bigger tires more extreme suspension is nice, but how do we up the ante? By applying the age-old adage of, “If some is good, more is always, always better.” How do you add more to a 600 horsepower off-road conquering megabeast of a thing? You add 2 wheels, make it a 6×6, then shout from the rooftops, “BRING IT ON MERCEDES!!!”
Yes, Hennessey is taking on the might of Mercedes and its wonderful G63 6×6. $295,000 will get you the base Raptor and a whole lot more than just the 2 extra wheels:
- 6X6 locking rear axles
- Upgraded Fox suspension
- Upgraded 20-inch wheels and off-road tires
- Special front and rear bumpers (For destroying any poor bastard of a thing that is dumb enough to get in your way)
- Roll bar and LED lights.
The 600+ HP upgrade includes: (you can still get this for the now obsolete 4 wheel VelociRaptor if you’re a modest individual.)
- Upgraded twin turbochargers
- Stainless steel exhaust modifications
- Upgraded front mounted air to air intercooler and plumbing
- Re-tuned factory computer.
Other optional upgrades include:
- Brembo front & rear brake upgrade
- Even larger wheels and tires
- LED lighting upgrades
- Bespoke interiors
- Electronic upgrades and armoring systems will also available. (Yes armoring system, because why the fuck not? I mean come on, what’s the point of driving a 6 wheeled vehicle if you can’t do so in a hail of gunfire?)
I mean there should just be 3 trim levels to this thing. Awesome, Awesomer and YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?!?! Sure, you could spend the same money on a ludicrously fast super car. But when people look at a super car their first reaction is usually, “oh, look at that!” When they see you in a 6×6 monster called the VelociRaptor their reaction will become “Oh Shit!!!” Isn’t that the American Dream right there? To terrify complete strangers by your mere presence?