Let’s face it, breaking into the automotive journalism arena is a bit of a chore. You have to know someone, go to school for journalism or another similar major, or just do it yourself. Luckily, we’ve been fortunate enough to do it ourselves and our musings have resonated with you, the audience. Well we’d like to give back in a round about way.
We are currently looking for young, enthusiastic gear heads that are interested in joining the automotive journalism community. Since we are still relatively small, the ask here won’t be enormous. Here is what we’re looking for in a writer:
Preferences (not required, all entries will be given equal weight)
- Preferably aged 18-24, male or female
- Currently in school working towards a degree in journalism, writing, or similar major/minor
- A love of cars and all things automotive
- Creativity with copy and headlines
- A nose for news
- Must live in the United States
- Must produce 3 original articles per week
- Must be flexible with times of publication of any materials written
This is an unpaid opportunity with possibility of future compensation (6-12 months to be negotiated upon agreement). We thought this might be an excellent opportunity for someone in school looking for relevant industry experience while they earn their degree. I seriously wish I had that kind of opportunity, even if only to start building a portfolio, back when I was in college.
Benefits of working with us
- Relevant experience with an accredited business
- Access to press cars if they become available to us in your area
- Access to auto shows and motor press associations (small yearly fee not collected by us)
- Resume building
We will entertain any and all applicants and enthusiasts looking for an outlet to get their ideas, opinions, and stories to a large, worldwide audience. To apply Click the logo image above and send us an email, or click RIGHT HERE and do the same. All you need to send us is your name, age, any relevant work/school experience (not required, but would be nice), and the best time of day to contact you. We’ll respond with an email and we can take it from there. It’s that simple.
We will not sell or distribute your email, name, or phone number to any 3rd party list, EVER.
Happy submitting! Looking forward to getting to know some of you and hopefully working with you very soon.
The Shifting Lanes Team